Website Subscription Service
Welcome to your new web department.
We now offer a website subscription service which allows you to get on with running your business and have your website built, managed and supported by Redboat Design. See it as employing your own website management person at a fraction of the cost.
To sign up, call or email us and we very much look forward to becoming a member of your team.
T: 01892 538 024 or 07738 230 764
How does it work?
For a monthly fee from £99.00 you will get the following services:
- A template based solution / framework / brochure website built using your branding.
- Supplied content entry and organisation.
- Full on-going management of core and plugin updates, licensing, backups and security.
- On-going content management where you can pass any content updates over to us.
- Website security management to protect the site from hacking
- Regular Website backups in case anything goes wrong
- Website updates for core plugins and Content management system
- On-going proactive support for tweaks and fixes.
- Hosting and SSL certificate.
- Initial SEO input for META tags.
- Stock photography sourcing (Additional cost from £15 per image).
- If you need a logo designed, we can also offer this at an additional cost.
What are the benefits?
We like to see this service as becoming a member of your team and working with you to develop your online presence. The key benefits are:
- You get a modern responsive website
- You have an expert member of your team running and managing your website
- You do not have to employ somebody to manage your website nor use a current employees valuable time.
- You do not have to worry about learning how to manage your website
- All content can simply be passed over to us with quick response times
- Website security management to protect the site from hacking
- We take care of backups in case anything goes wrong
- We make regular weekly updates for core plugins and content management system.
- Option in later years to refresh the website as technology moves forward
- You have an expert web developer and IT consultant always on hand
What’s not included?
Whilst the above core offering will suit most projects, you may have additional requirements. Listed below are the services that are not included as standard but can be added as bolt on services. Let us know if you require any of the following:
- E-commerce and payment setup. (POA)
- Stock Photography and Images (From £15 per image)
- Photography (POA)
- Copywriting (POA)
- Blog (One time additional fee of £350)
- Projects / Archive Section (One time additional fee of £350)
- Logo design (From £150)
- Graphic Design (Priced per project)
- IT Support (From £35 per user per month)
- Email Services (Management email available at £11.00 per user per month. We can also help you set up elsewhere as part of our
- IT support service)
- On-Going SEO and SEM (POA)
- Third Party integrations. (£62.50 PH)
- Social Media Marketing and Setup (POA)
- Website training is not included as the site will be managed by Redboat Design for you.
The small print
Terms and conditions whilst boring do apply to this service and can be found below.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all web site design and associated services offered by Redboat Design. By ordering services from Redboat Design you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
UK Cookie Law – Important
The UK Cookie Law requires that you have a notice that your visitors agree or disagree to. This only applies if you have a website design that requires cookies or you have a tracking system installed. i.e. If you want to use Google Analytics then you must have a Cookie / Tracking notification on your website. We will make any recommendations and will advise you if you need this or not.
This decision and failure to display a notification is the sole responsibility of the client. Redboat Design will not be held responsible should any action be taken against a client due to not displaying a UK Cookie Law notification.
It is the sole responsibility of the client to notify Redboat Design of any GDPR requirements and to supply all GDPR requirements including Privacy Policies and Terms and Condition required under law for the website.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide services for a website or associated services which does not accord with our ethical policy or that we judge to be unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK or other relevant national or local laws or regulations.
The contract between Redboat Design and the client shall begin from the agreement date with its specifications and these terms and conditions. It may not be necessary to have a signature for the contract to commence unless specified by the client, verbal communication, email communication or other exchange making it clear that the work specified is required to be carried out shall constitute commencement of the contract and a contractual agreement between the client and Redboat Design shall exist based on the quotation with its specifications and these terms and conditions.
Redboat Design cannot always guarantee to start work immediately but will arrange a date with the client agreeing when work can commence. An anticipated finishing date will be agreed and Redboat Design will do its best to adhere to that but cannot guarantee to do so in the light of circumstances outside its control. Where in the instance that a timescale has been agreed, Redboat Design will not be responsible for any consequential losses to the client if the deadline is not met.
Ownership for the website site shall remain with Redboat Design as part of the subscription model. In some case we can offer a buy out price if this was ever required. POA.
All material, both text and images supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s web site, will remain the client’s property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws. The client shall indemnify Redboat Design against all and any claims arising from the use of materials of any sort provided by the client or obtained under the direction of the client from third parties such as graphic designers.
All templates, code and the the website produced by Redboat Design remains the copyright of Redboat Design. This includes HTML, CSS, PHP, JQUERY and all other code required for the website to run.
3rd Party applications such as WordPress will remain the copyright of the 3rd party software developers.
Supply of Content by the Client
All content unless otherwise agreed shall be supplied by the client in full.
Payment is required once the subscription service has been agreed and signed up for.
We recommend that the client collects content prior to signing up to our subscription service. This will speed up the delivery of the website once the subscription has been started. We can help guide you with this at no cost.
Website Maintenance and Support
Where Redboat Design undertakes to provide support, maintain or update a client’s website a system of communication will be established that meets the needs of both the client and of Redboat Design to carry out the support or maintenance to a service level agreed.
Redboat agrees that it shall use its reasonable endeavours to respond to any request received by the Customer for the support services within certain designated timescales, Redboat Design and the Customer agreeing on the level of urgency of each request made to Redboat Design by the Customer under this Agreement. The timescales shall be as follows:
- or non-urgent requests within 120 hours;
- for normal requests within 72 hours;
- for urgent requests within 48 hours;
- for critical requests within 24 hours.
Where the client cancels a subscription contract, no refund will be given towards any unused time left in the subscription time period.
Where Redboat Design cancels a subscription contract other than for a reason set out in Cancellation and Termination below, a refund of the fees appropriate to that part of the quarter remaining will be made.
Ownership of the website template in both case will remain with Redboat Design and the site will be deleted upon cancelation.
Advice and Consultancy
Any advice given in respect of software, hardware, programming, design, purchasing, hosting, training, upgrading, installing or any other advice, suggestion, recommendation or otherwise of any product or service provided by us or by a third party, whether introduced by us directly or indirectly is accepted by you as an opinion and as such you agree that prior to acting on any of the aforementioned that you will first obtain professional advice. You further agree to indemnify us of all liability with regard to any decision or action performed by you that may or may not be a direct or indirect result of any contact or dealing with us.
Our consultancy service and general advice is, by its nature, subjective. It is up to you whether you decide to follow our ideas and suggestions. It is not possible and we do not guarantee that any of those ideas and suggestions will increase traffic to your site, improve your ratings with search engines or boost sales.
Cancellation and Termination
Redboat Design may, by written notice, terminate the Agreement between us immediately upon the happening of any of the following events:
You fail to pay any invoice which has become due;
You commit a material breach of any of the terms of the Agreement between us;
You enter into or propose a voluntary arrangement or composition with your creditors or reconstruction of your debts or your directors make a declaration of solvency for the purpose of a members’ voluntary winding up,
- or if notice is given of a creditors’ meeting in connection with a creditors’ winding up,
- or if a special resolution is passed that you be wound up by the court, or if an administrative or other receiver is appointed,
- or if the court makes and administration order or order that you be wound up by the court, or if you cease to carry on business
- or are unable to pay your debts within the meaning of the Insolvency Act 1986 Section 123.
Should Redboat Design decide to terminate the agreement between us immediately upon the occurrence of one of the above circumstances, we reserve the right to exercise any other rights which we may have against you.
We reserve the right to remove from the Internet any website or other service which we display on your behalf upon the occurrence of one of the above circumstances. Should we terminate the Agreement upon the occurrence of one of the above circumstances, we will not refund to you any monies paid by you to us.
If at any point during the development a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but no refunds will be given and the subscription will be cancelled.
In the event that Redboat Design terminates a subscription contract for any other reason, a refund equivalent to the unused portion of the current payment period will be the maximum liability.
Waiver and Interpretation
Should Redboat Design waive any of these terms on an individual basis, this shall not affect the validity of remaining clauses or commit Redboat Design to waive the same clause on any other occasion.
These terms and conditions shall prevail over all terms and conditions of your customary practice or any previous course of dealing between us and you. Any variation to these terms and conditions shall be inapplicable unless agreed between ourselves before we commence any work on your behalf. Work, services or products are only supplied in strict accordance with these terms and conditions.
The provision of work, services or products by us is only undertaken on the understanding that you have read and accept these terms and conditions in full.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected. This contract shall be subject to English Law. In the event that Redboat Design is not entitled to rely on a term or terms in this contract, then Redboat Design may also be allowed to cancel all rights and obligations under this contract, or to hold all other clauses as valid entirely at their sole discretion.
No terms or conditions endorsed upon, delivered with or contained in the client’s purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document will form part of the contract simply as a result of such document being referred to in the contract.
The client must ensure that the terms of its order and any applicable specification are complete and accurate